Change in the application deadline due to the current situation – the 30th of June 2021
- General information about the application process and admission requirements for Master Programmes at FAU can be found here.
- Specific information about the application process for the MSE are available here.
- Applicants will be evaluated regarding their university performance (Bachelor’s Degree), as well as regarding their qualifications, knowledge, and skills in the field of economics. Applicants should have an academic degree (with above-average grades) in economics, mathematics, social sciences, engineering or related disciplines.
- Further accomplishments and qualifications (e.g. internships, language skills, and international experience) will be taken into account.
- Candidates might be invited to an interview. If this is the case, you will be personally informed.
- A selection committee decides upon admissions.
- For additional information on the admission rules, check the Examination Regulations of the Master in Economics.
- Curriculum vitae: table form.
- Qualification for university entrance: school certificate (e.g., Abitur, Bachillerato).
- University degree and average grade: include diploma and transcript of records. Please, prepare a simple list of economic (no business or finance) and quantitative courses that you have accomplished (example).
- Candidates who have not completed their Bachelor studies at the time of application must provide an official transcript of all examination results to date and their weighted average grade. A minimum of 135 ECTS (75% of the required credits for completion) is required.
- Evidence of sufficient English skills of at least B2 level of the CEFR:
- for German candidates, it is sufficient to present a German school certificate with an English grade of at least 4 or 5 points.
- international candidates present a certificate equivalent to at least B2 level of the CEFR.
- Here you can find an equivalence table on internationally recognized English language tests.
Additional documents (optional)
- Certificates of internships
- Certificates relating to exchange semesters
- Foreign language certificates
- All applicants must first apply online using the application portal Campo.
- Afterward, you have to send the application documents to the Master’s Office by post. The address is:FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg
Referat L4 – Masterbüro
91054 Erlangen, GermanyYou need to send certified copies of your documents. Further information on certified documents can be found here.
- International and German students can apply for the Master in Economics from May 1st until May 31st. Be aware that your application documents have to be recieved by the Master’s Office by post until May 31st. The master program starts only in the winter term (October).
- Applications for the summer semester are not possible, even for higher semesters. Students with at least 1 completed master semester and no finished master studies may apply between May 1st and May 31st following the same procedure as first semester applicants.
- After admission students must enroll personally according to the enrolment period set by the Student Records Office.
*Documents may be submitted in English or German
**A motivation letter and/or a recommendation letter are not required