- General information about the application process and admission requirements for Master Programmes at FAU can be found here.
- Specific information about the application process for the MSE are available here.
- Applicants will be evaluated regarding their university performance (Bachelor’s Degree), as well as regarding their qualifications, knowledge, and skills in the field of economics. Applicants should have an academic degree (with above-average grades) in economics, mathematics, social sciences, engineering or related disciplines.
- Further accomplishments and qualifications (e.g. internships, language skills, and international experience) will be taken into account.
- Candidates might be invited to an interview. If this is the case, you will be personally informed.
- A selection admission committee decides upon admissions.
- For additional information on the admission rules, check the Examination Regulations of the Master in Economics.
Please note: Applications not fulfilling the following requirements will be directly rejected:
- Bachelor degree with GPA no worse than 2.89 according to the German grading system
- At least 40 ECTS in economics and quantitative courses combined (not counting business or finance)
- Evidence of sufficient English skills of at least the B2 level of the CEFR
- A letter of application in English of no more than 2 pages (font = Arial, font size = 11pt, line spacing 1.5, page margins > 2cm, maximum 800 words, file format = pdf) outlining your qualifications relevant for the study program, with particular emphasis on your preparedness for the compulsory modules and the specialization(s) you plan to focus on
- Curriculum vitae: table form
- University entrance qualification: school certificate (e.g., Abitur, Bachillerato)
- University degree and average grade: include Bachelor diploma and transcript of records
- Candidates who have not completed their Bachelor’s studies at the time of application must provide an official transcript of all exams passed to date and GPA. A minimum of 135 ECTS (i.e., 75% of the required credits for completion) is required.
- A letter of application in English
- Applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam, or India also require an APS certificate
- Evidence of sufficient English skills of at least B2 level of the CEFR:
- For international candidates, a certificate equivalent to at least the B2 level of the CEFR.
- For German candidates, it is sufficient to present a German school certificate documenting proficiency in English.
- Here you can find an equivalence table on internationally recognized English language tests.
Additional documents (optional)
- Certificates of internships
- Certificates relating to exchange semesters
- Foreign language certificates
- All applicants must apply online using FAU’s online application portal Campo.
- Applications for the Master in Economics can be submitted between May 1st and May 31st. The program starts by mid-October each year.
- Applications for the summer term (starting in April each year) are not possible, even for higher semesters. Students with at least 1 completed term at Master level and no finished master degree may apply between May 1st and May 31st following the same procedure outlined above.
- After admission, students wanting to join the program have to enroll within the enrolment period set by the Student Records Office.